Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
jiv jago, jiv jago, gauracanda bole
kota nidra jao maya-pisacira kole
bhajibo boliya ese samsara-bhitare
bhuliya rohile tumi avidyara bhare
tomare loite ami hoinu avatara
ami bina bandhu ara ke ache tomara
enechi ausadhi maya nasibaro lagi'
hari-nama maha-mantra lao tumi magi'
bhakativinoda prabhu-carane pariya
sei hari-nama-mantra loilo magiya
1) Lord Gauranga is calling, "Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls! How long will you sleep in the lap of the witch called Maya?
2) You have forgotten the way of devotional service and are lost in the world of birth and death.
3) I have descended just to save you; other than Myself you have no friend in this world.
4) I have brought the medicine that will wipe out the disease of illusion from which you are suffering. Take this maha-mantra--Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare."
5) Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says: "I fall at the Lord's feet, having taken this maha-mantra."