Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas Hyms and Mantras for the glorification of Radha and Krishna by Songs of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
gopinath, mama nivedana suno
visayi durjana, sada kama-rata,
kichu nahi mora guna
gopinath, amara bharasa tumi
tomara carane, loinu sarana,
tomara kinkora ami
gopinath, kemone sodhibe more
na jani bhakati, karme jada-mati,
gopinath, sakali tomara maya
nahi mama bala, jnana sunirmala,
swadhina nahe e kaya
gopinath, niyata carane sthana
mage e pamara, kandiya kandiya
korohe karuni dana
gopinath, tumi to' sakali paro
durjane tarite, tomara sakati,
ke ache papira aro
gopinath, tumi krpa-parabara
jivera karane, asiya prapance,
lila koile subistara
gopinath, ami ki dose dosi
asura sakala, pailo carana,
vinoda thakilo bosi'
1) O Gopinatha, Lord of the gopis, please hear my request. I am a wicked materialist, always addicted to worldly desires, and no good qualities do I possess.
2) O Gopinatha, You are my only hope, and therefore I have taken shelter at Your lotus feet. I am now Your eternal servant.
3) O Gopinatha, how will You purify me? I do not know what devotion is, and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work. I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.
4) O Gopinatha, everything here is Your illusory energy. I have no strength or transcendental knowledge, and this body of mine is not independent and free from the control of material nature.
5) O Gopinatha, this sinner, who is weeping and weeping, begs for an eternal place at Your divine feet. Please give him Your mercy.
6) O Gopinatha, You are able to do anything, and therefore You have the power to deliver all sinners. Who is there that is more of a sinner than myself?
7) O Gopinatha, You are the ocean of mercy. Having come into this phenomenal world, You expand Your divine pastimes for the sake of the fallen souls.
8) O Gopinatha, I am so sinful that although all the demons attained Your lotus feet, Bhaktivinoda has remained in worldly existence.
gopinath, ghucao samsara-jwala
avidya-jatana, aro nahi sahe,
gopinath, ami to' kamera dasa
visaya-bhasana, jagiche hrdoye,
phadiche karama phase
gopinath, kabe va jagibo ami
kama-rupa ari, dure teyagibo,
hrdoye sphuribe tumi
gopinath, ami to' tomara jana
tomare chariya, samsara bhajinu,
gopinath, tumi to' sokali jano
apanara jane, dandiya ekhano,
sri-carane deho sthano
gopinath, ei ki vicara taba
bimukha dekhiya, charo nija-jane,
na koro' karuna-laba
gopinath, ami to murakha ati
kise bhalo hoya, kabhu na bujhinu
tai heno mama gati
gopinath, tumi to'pandita-bara
mudhera mangala, tumi anvesibe
e dase na bhavo' para
1) O Gopinatha, please remove the torment of worldly existence. I can no longer tolerate the pain of ignorance and the repeated succession of births and deaths.
2) O Gopinatha, indeed I am a servant of lust. Worldly desires are awakening in my heart, and thus the noose of fruitive work is beginning to tighten.
3) O Gopinatha, when will I wake up and abandon afar this enemy of lust, end when will You manifest Yourself in my heart?
4) O Gopinatha, I am Your devotee, but having abandoned You and thus having forgotten my real treasure, I have worshiped this mundane world.
5) O Gopinatha, You know everything. Now, having punished Your servant, please give him a place at Your lotus feet.
6) 0 Gopinatha, is this Your judgment, that seeing me averse to You, You abandon Your servant and don't bestow even a particle of mercy upon him?
7) 0 Gopinatha, I am certainly very foolish, and I have never known what is good for me. Therefore such is my condition.
8) 0 Gopinatha, You are indeed the wisest person. Please look for a way to bring about auspiciousness for this fool, and please do not consider this servant as an outsider.
Gopinath, amara upaya nai
tumi krpa kori', amare loile,
samsare uddhara pai
gopinath, porechi mayara phere
dhana, dara, suta, ghireche amare,
kamete rekheche jere
gopinath, mana je pagala mora
na mane sasana, sada acetana,
visaye ro'yeche ghora
gopinath, hara je menechi ami
aneka jatana, hoilo bifala,
ekhano bharasa tumi
gopinath, kemone hoibe gati
prabala indriya, bosi-bhuta mana,
na chare visaya-rati
gopinath, hrdoye bosiya mora
manake samiya, laho nija pane,
ghucibe vipada ghora
gopinath, anatha dekhiya more
tumi hrsikesa, hrsika damiya,
gopinath, galaya legeche phase
krpa-asi dhori', bandhana chediya,
vinode koroho dasa
1) O Gopinatha, I have no means of success, but if You take me, having bestowed your mercy upon me, then I will obtain deliverance from this world.
2) O Gopinatha, I have fallen into the perils of material illusion. Wealth, wife, and sons have surrounded me, and lust has wasted me away.
3) O Gopinatha, my mind is crazy and does not care for any authority. It is always senseless and has remained in the dark pit of worldly affairs.
4) O Gopinatha, I have accepted my defeat. All of my various endeavors were useless. Now You are the only hope.
5) O Gopinatha, how shall I make any advancement when my mind has come under the control of the powerful senses and does not abandon its attachment to materialism?
6) O Gopinatha, after sitting down in the core of my heart and subduing my mind, please wake me to You. In this way the horrible dangers of this world will disappear.
7) O Gopinatha, You are Hrsikesa, the Lord of the senses. Seeing me so helpless, please control these senses of mine and deliver me from this dark and perilous worldly existence.
8) O Gopinatha, the noose of materialism has become fixed around my neck. Taking up the sword of Your mercy and cutting this bondage, make this Bhaktivinoda Your humble servant.